Helpful Resources & Support for Tax Season
CRA Info Sessions:
- Disability Tax Credit (DTC)
- Child Disability Benefit (CDB)
- Canada Workers Benefit (CWB) disability supplement
- Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP) and Home Buyers Plan (HBP)
- Canada Caregivers Credit (CCC)
- Ways to do your taxes and other CRA services.
You can find the link to Webinar on the Benefits and Credits for Persons
with Disabilities here -> English Video / French Video
Video: Webinar for persons with disabilities – Part 1 -> here
- Video: Webinar for persons with disabilities – Part 2 -> here
Free Income Tax Clinics:
Do you need help with your tax return? You may be able to get your taxes done by a volunteer for free.
The Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) is a longstanding partnership between the CRA and community organizations and their volunteers.
Through this program, community organizations host free tax clinics where volunteers file tax returns for free for people with a modest income and a simple tax situation. There are also options to get help in person, over the phone or virtually. To learn more, click here.
To find out if you’re eligible for a free tax clinic, click here.
To find a tax clinic in your area, click here
The process to file your taxes is never fun. But even if you don’t usually pay taxes it is always recommended to file as you may still be eligible for other benefits like the GST credit for example.